A FEW SMALL CHANGES CAN MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE!
1. Eat BREAKFAST w/lean protein - protein fills you up & stabilizes blood sugar, so you don't overeat later.
2. Get SLEEP! - Human Growth Hormone is produced only during deep sleep & boosts your metabolism by 15-20%. You're also more likely to exercise after good sleep.
3. RESISTANCE train - Building muscle means your body will burn more calories at rest. Your body requires more calories to maintain muscle than fat.
4. INTERVAL train -short, explosive cardio intervals followed by lower intense intervals speeds up metabolism throughout the day, even after your workout is over.
5. Add HEAT to your meals, such as jalapenos, spices, cayene pepper. The spice boosts your body's production of heat, resulting in a temporary spike in your metabolism by as much as 23%!
6. Make MAGIC Meals - combine lean meat/fish with complex carbs (veggies/fruits) at each meal. Your body will work to use these nutrient-dense foods. The added fiber will fill you up and boost your metabolism too.
7. Drink COLD Water - Making this a habit throughout every day makes this effective. Your body works harder to warm the water to body temperature. (However, be sure to drink room temperature water while you are exercising so that it can be more readily absorbed when you need it most).
8. DON'T Starve Yourself - Restricting yourself of food & energy will slow down your metabolism. Your body believes it is starving and attempts to hold onto energy stores.
9. Go ORGANIC When/If You Can - Pollutants from pesticides are stored in our fat cells. The more toxins we ingest, the more fat storage is required. Toxins also interfere with our body's energy-burning process. Good rule of thumb: If you eat the skin of a fruit or veggie, go organic.
10. Drink SHAKEOLOGY 1x every day!