Posted December 5th, 2012 under Fitness Tips
20 WAYS TO GET MORE ENERGY
Tags: 20 WAYS TO GET MORE ENERGY, bootcamp, personal training, boot camp, health and wellness, fitness and nutrition
If you find yourself lacking energy during your day, a change in what you eat and do during the day can make huge differences in your energy levels! Try some of these tips:
1. Exercise!! Add cardio & your rock out to your favorite music. You'll build stamina and endurance.
2. Work with your body clock - Understand your ebb and flow, when you have the most energy during the day, and plan important tasks & your workouts during when your energy peaks.
3. Eat small, frequent mini-meals throughout the day, consisting of protein and fiber, low sugar & fat. Keeps your blood sugar and insulin levels even throughout the day.
4. Drink lots of water. Fatigue is often caused by dehydration. Shoot for at least 64 oz/day!
5. SHAKEOLOGY every day! 70 Natural Ingredients that help boost your energy & mood, increase stamina, stop cravings, lose weight, and improve your immune system and health!
6. Eats lots of berries. Blue, red and purple contain anthocyanins - an antioxidant that boosts energy.
7. Drink Lemon water first thing every morning to detox your body, help you feel lighter and refreshed for the day!
8. Wake up & go to bed at the same time everyday. Set your body clock.
9. No energy drinks!! Too much sugar - it will not sustain you. They leave you crashing.
10. Make your carbs "complex/low glycemic index carbs" to avoid low sugar crashes (i.e fruits, veggies, whole grains rather than white flour or sugar products).
11. Eat more soluble fiber to even out energy levels (i.e. plants foods - veggies, fruits, nuts, beans, oats, quinoa, etc).
12. Get your Vitamin C. - helps absorb nutrients from food.
13. Enjoy a cup green tea.
14. No smoking! Nicotine affects sleep.
15. Stretch & Breathe.
16. Eat breakfast w/lean protein, and avoid a heavy lunch.
17. Workout in the morning to start your day energized.
18. Avoid alcohol - it has sedative qualities, but then interrupts sleep at night.
19. Check thyroid levels for hypothyroidism.
20 Fresh air walk. Get your blood flowing.
Leave Us A Comment