Posted December 5th, 2012 under Fitness Tips
Intense Exercise Drastic Calorie Restriction Don't Mix
Tags: Intense Exercise Drastic Calorie Restriction Don't Mix, bootcamp, personal training, boot camp, health and wellness, fitness and nutrition
5 REASONS INTENSE EXERCISE & DRASTIC CALORIE RESTRICTION DON'T MIX!
Your Body Needs Good Fuel! Don't put it into Starvation Mode - that only signals to your body that it needs to hold on to and conserve calories and fat to function.
Exercise puts great demands on the body. And Intense Exercise without adequate calories means:
1) you'll be fatigued & won’t get the most of a workout;
2) your body's immune system will be suppressed and compromised, which raises stress cortisol levels;
3) your body is vulnerable to hormonal stress on the body (severe calorie restriction can cause skipped periods and infertility in women);
4) you have increased risk of osteoporosis & bone loss; &
5) your body has increased risk for iron deficiency anemia - fatigue, low energy.
SOLUTION: EAT WHOLE, REAL FOOD. KEEP IT CLEAN WITH LOTS OF VEGGIES AND FRUITS and you won't need to be so concerned with counting calories!
Leave Us A Comment