Posted December 5th, 2012 under Nutrition Tips
7 Reasons to Give Up Diet Sodas Drink Water
Tags: 7 Reasons to Give Up Diet Sodas Drink Water, bootcamp, personal training, boot camp, health and wellness, fitness and nutrition
7 REASONS to Give up Diet Sodas & Drink H2O!!!
It sounds contradictory that a drink with no calories, no fat could be sabotaging our weight loss and health efforts. I'm not saying 1-2 a week is going to make or break you. Moderation is key. But so many people make Diet Sodas their main fluid intake all day, instead of drinking water. And that's what's dangerous - causing dehydration symptoms, stomach upset, kidney damage and weight gain. This is how the ingredients in Diet Sodas affect our bodies:
1) Aspartame is a potent neurotoxin (damages/impairs the functioning of nerve tissue) & an endocrine disrupter:
2) Caffeine stimulates adrenal gland w/o providing nourishment;
3) Phosphoric acid is associated with calcium & bone loss & tooth rot;
4) Citric acid & Artificial flavors contain traces of MSG, a neurotoxin;
5) Acetic, fumaric, gluconic & phosphoric acids cause GI distress & stomach lining erosion - that's why some of these chemicals are effective for cleaning car engines;
6) Artificial sweeteners (like aspartame) are linked to kidney damage & dysfunction; AND
7) Artificial sweeteners cause increased stomach emptying & play tricks on our brains, leading to increased appetite & increased calorie consumption.
Diet drinks have always made my stomach hurt as a kid and adult, and now I know why....
Leave Us A Comment