This workout will get your heart rate up and train both cardio and muscular endurance at the same time! It's a race against the clock to see how much you can accomplish. So grab a partner, a set of dumbbells, head outside, and set your timers!
Part 1: Warmup: Head out for a steady state, easy 1/2 mile jog to warmup.
Part 2: Every Minute on the Minute Bodyweight Intervals
From your 1/2 mile stoppping point, set your timer for 1 minute intervals. Do 6 minutes of "Every Minute on the Minute" heading in the same direction (or you can even use a set of bleachers or stairs for the running).
Start the 1st minute. Perform 20 Squats → Finish the remainder of the minute running. Repeat 5 more times. Set the timer for 1 minute for each interval and drop the squats by two each time ( 18, 16, 14, 12, 10 ), finishing each minute running.
NOW....Turn around and head back to your original starting point, performating the following EMOM exercise for 5 mins:
Start your timer for 1 minute. Perform 10 Pushups & Finish the minute running. Repeat 4 more times. Set the timer for 1 minute for each interval and drop the pushups by two each time ( 8, 6, 4, 2 ), finishing each minute running.
Finish Part 1 with a jog all the way back to your original starting point before the warmup jog.
Part 3: Partner Superset Workout w/Dumbbells
● Grab a partner and have one “challenging” set of dumbbells for the two of you.
● Do each of the following supersets with your partner for 3 minute timed intervals, swapping exercises throughout the 3 minutes. The first exercise listed in each superset is the "timekeeper" and will be set for 12 reps. The second exercise listed in each superset is the continuous exercise.
For example, one partner does 12 reps of the first exercise with dumbbells while the other does the second exercise (bodyweight). Switch exercises after the first partner finishes their 12 reps. Continue rotations for the full 3 minutes. Then move on to the next superset exercise.
○ Dumbbell burpees + mountain climbers
○ Dumbbell Ski swings + pushups
○ Chest Flies with leg raise + Squat jumps
○ Deadlift high pull + plank tucks
○ Close squat lateral raises + bicycle abs
○ Walking lunge press + low plank hip dips
STRETCH AND DONE!