This one got me today! This is a great gym-style total body strength and conditioning workout when you want to hit about every muscle in your body, including your HEART!
I started out with a 5 minute jog warmup on the treadmill. I stretched and then continuted a steady state 15 min run at a challenging pace.
Then the Strength Circuit comes in! I completed 15 reps of the following 10 exercises. Then a fast 2 min run on the treadmill (i.e. 7.5-8.0 pace). You can modify this workout by decreasing weight used, decreasing your number of reps, or eliminating the 2 min run intervals.
Then repeated this series for 3 rounds.
Here is the total body circuit:
1. Sit up press with 15 lb slam ball
2. Pushup with birddog
3. Reverse lunge with front raise (15 lb plate)
4. Bosu Plyo Jacks (land with feet on top) (can substitute regular plyometric squat jacks if you do not have a Bosu).
5. Bosu Burpee Press (can perform a burpee press with dumbbells if you do not have a Bosu).
6. Kettlebell Swings (30 lb kb).
7. Kettlebell Sumo Squat with Upright row (30 lb kettlebell)
8. Bicep curl with shoulder press (15 lb dumbbells)
9. Front Squats (15 lb dumbbells)
10. Slam Ball Jump Slams (15 lb slam ball).
LEAVE ME A COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW HOW YOU DO!